The goal of the present study was the development of a UHPLC-HRMS/MS method for the identification of flavonoids present in BPF (bergamot polyphenolic fraction), a particular product derived from Bergamot juice. BPF contains over 40% flavonoids and the remaining 60% are carbohydrates, fatty acids, pectins and other compounds as well as maltodextrins which are added to allow exsiccation. Trademark and patent No. 0001380456 by Herbal and Antioxidant Derivatives S.R.L. The mass spectrometry data, obtained with an Orbitrap spectrometer, reveal the presence of principal flavonoids neoeriocitrin, naringin, neohesperidin but also of all HMG-family like bruteridin, melitidin with other HMG species and flavonoids 6,8-di-C-glicosides too. The method permits to reveal all species in high resolution full scan and to confirm their identities by HRMSMS (ddMS2, data dependent MSMS) in the same event.
|Titolo:||Characterization of flavonoids in Citrus bergamia (Bergamot) polyphenolic fraction by liquid chromatography–high resolution mass spectrometry (LC/HRMS)|
|Data di pubblicazione:||2016|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||1.1 Articolo in rivista|